Today I got home from yet another trip.
I spent a few days in the beautiful St. John’s which consisted of shopping and eating of course.
I am a hardcore Costco lover.. I know people say some of the prices aren’t that much of a deal but I LOVE Costco anyway and here’s why:
- A lot of the products I find at costco are usually better deals.. (Trust me I compare prices & amounts!)
- Many of these products I can’t find close to home.
- AND THE SIZE. Like come on. This stuff lasts forever.
⬆⬆⬆ Health Food Finds ⬆⬆⬆
Not all of the items pictured above are costco products but I am going to break them all down for you.
- Kirkland Natural Peanut Butter – no sugar added, no salt added, only peanuts! (COSTCO)
- Martin’s Crispy Apple Chips – 100% dehydrated apple. Only one ingredient…. APPLES (COSTCO)
- Kirkland Whole Almonds – Raw, unsalted. (COSTCO)
- Kirkland Unsalted Cashews – For VEGAN Nut Cheese coming soon!! (COSTCO)
- Rodelle Baking Cocoa (COSTCO)
- Simply Natural Tomato & Basil Pasta sauce – normally I make my pasta sauce with canned tomatos but I seen this stuff and it’s nice to have on hand for a quick pasta if you don’t have a lot of time. It is VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, LACTOSE FREE AND NO ADDED SUGAR. Sign me up!!! (COSTCO)
- Kirkland Ground Cinnamon -you can never have enough cinnamon (COSTCO)
- Pitted dates – I have been trying to use dates as my main sweetener in desserts/my soon to come fresh almond milk so I always have dates in the house. I have never tried these before but there is no added sugar so how different can they be? (COSTCO)
- Everland Organic Flaked Coconut – unsweetened & unsulfered, non gmo, kosher certified, free of artificial preservatives, additives, flavours and colours. One ingredient = dried coconut. (WINNERS) Don’t count winners out people, they always have cool health foods to try.. Just remember to check ✔ the expirary date.
- Elan Mango Slices – If you have been following me I am in constant search for a dried mango WITHOUT added sugar. Seriously. If you have dried mangos in your house and didn’t check the ingridents 9 chances out of 10 there is added sugar in them… Yes, that is why they taste like candy… They basically are. (THE HEALTH FOOD STORE) over by Costco. Really cool health food store, lots of products and great prices. I also got my Nut Mylk bag here.
- Gogo Quinoa Pancake Mix – we don’t eat alot of pancakes in our house but I always love an easy healthy alternative. This product is manufacutered and packaged in Canada! Love it. These are vegan and gluten free. I will let you know how they are! (WINNERS) — Not pictured.
All Costco from costco for my juicing!!
So I have been researching this place for a while and I actually thought it was closed thanks to trip advisor but while walking through the village mall we stumbled upon it and I was so excited!!
I couldn’t wait to try their juice but sadly they were all out of fresh veggies and were waiting for them to arrive so the juice bar was juiceless. Sad. Sad times.
As heartbroken as I was I decided to try a meal of thai chicken, veggies and quinoa. This was actually my first time trying quinoa and I was pleasantly suprised. It was like rice and didn’t really have a taste (and that isn’t a bad thing).
My lunch was really good! My only concern was what was in the sauce on top but there wasn’t a lot, just enough to add some flavour.
What amazed me about this place is that they actually do meal prep which is awesome! If your in St. John’s and your interested in healthy eating you should check this out. Apparently they have healthy mac n cheese?!?! Next time I will definitely be tasting a few differenr menu options.
If you try out anything from here tag me in it and let me know what it was like!
We had an amazing trip but now we are exhausted..